Wedding Planning Process


Golden Apple has had the pleasure to witness the wedlock of couples from different cultural and religious backgrounds, and will happily organize, supervise and coordinate various kinds of ceremonies. As certain faiths do not come with their own officiant or church in Greece kindly inform us during your consultation with us on your religious/ cultural restrictions if they apply. 

Wedding paperwork may vary depending on nationality and from case to case. Our head coordinator has extensive experience with all legal requirements needed to perform a wedding ceremony that will be legally recognized both in Greece and in your country. We have assisted couples from all over the world to obtain the proper documentation for a wedding in Greece and have a long expertise with several nationalities. We will consult with you about the officiant options available and if needed appoint the appropriate one for you. 

Our assistants will guide you through completing the list of your necessary documents and advise you on the necessary steps in order to proceed and make sure everything is in place for your upcoming ceremony. 

Read the list below, to get an idea of the legal paperwork requirements for a Civil wedding ceremony in Greece. 

FULL Birth certificate (one for each of the spouses) translated into Greek by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Athens OR a Greek lawyer who signs as the translator.

In case you have the documents translated in your country the translator will have to be an official one and his/her signature will have to be legalized by the Greek embassy. 


VALID Marriage Licences issued by your Town Hall translated into the Greek language (one Licence or one for each of the spouses) 


VALID Certificates of No Impediment (one for each of the spouses) as long as they clearly state the details of both the bride and the groom (name, surname, marital status, place of residence, occupation, nationality) as well as the place where the proposed wedding will take place (i.e. Rhodes, Greece).


Divorce Absolute (if there is a previous marriage) translated into Greek or death certificate in case of widow/widower.


In case there’s a name or last name change we need the document that states it translated into the Greek language


The documents under 1, 2, 3 and 4 have to be legalized with an APOSTILLE issued by the authorities of your country, for those countries that are member States of the Convention of Hague (APOSTILLE)

*All papers should be issued from authorities within their validation time. No use of the original-initial birth certificate, you must obtain a recent copy.  

**Original Papers will be kept by Greek authorities

Advice the wedding planner before booking your tickets: Keep in mind that you will have to be in the destination at least 3 –working- days prior to the wedding and 2 –working- days after the wedding in order to arrange all legal paperwork procedure.

For any clarification do not hesitate to contact us. It is our pleasure to guide you through the process for a Civil or an Orthodox wedding! 









Let’s take a journey